- 4 cups basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup Snack Primal Naked Walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon Morton’s Kosher Salt
- Add basil, garlic, walnuts, parmesan, lemon zest, juice, and red pepper flakes to the bowl of a food processor or Vitamix blender
- Pulse a few times to break down the basil.
- Steadily add olive oil, pulsing until olive oil is blended into other ingredients and mixture forms a loose paste. If your pesto is too thick, add additional olive oil one tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 51mg | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.5mg